Can you believe it? September is here and we hope to ease the transition from summer to school with these 4 Back To School Hairstyles that all you girls could easily pull together. These hairstyles put a little twist to your usual hair up or down for the first week (and all the other weeks!) of school.
Let’s get started!
#1 Loose Beach Waves
1. Section your hair into two ponytails.
2. Start taking small sections of your ponytail and curl your hair with a curling wand.
3. Once all of your hair has been curled, take your ponytails out and give it a brush.
4. Add some Redken Quick Tease texturizing spray and backcomb your hair for more volume.
5. OPTIONAL– Add your favorite hair accessory!
#2 The French Braid
1. Take some hair at the top and separate it into three equal sections left, middle and right.
2. Take the left section, cross it over the middle one and combine it with the right section.
3. Take the right section, cross it over the middle and combine it with the left section.
4. And again, take the left section and cross it over the middle one, combining it with the right section. And you’ve mastered the technique! It may seem a tad confusing at first but with lots of practice, you’ll become a French braiding guru. Add more hair from the right, cross it over the middle. Add more hair from the left, cross it over the middle – so easy!! Continue this pattern all the way down.
A helpful tip would be to get a mirror to check the back from time to time.
5. Once you reach the nape of your neck, bring your hair to one side and finish off with a three strand braid.
6. OPTIONAL – Take a small piece of hair from the tail of your french braid and wrap it around your hair tie to create a clean look, secure with a bobby pin behind the ponytail.
#3 The Dutch Braid Ponytail
1. Separate your hair to create a part.
2. Start creating a French Dutch braid down the side of your head towards the back, and tie with a small elastic.
3. Pull all your hair, including the braid, into a low ponytail in the back.
4. Take the piece of hair within the ponytail, and wrap it around the base of the ponytail to cover your hair tie and secure with a bobby pin.
5. Don’t worry if pieces around your face are falling out – it adds to the effortless look!
And ta da!
#4 Dutch + French Braid Combo
1. Gather the top area of your hair and create a Dutch braid with it.
2. Gather a smaller bunch of hair on the left side of the Dutch braid you’ve just created and braid a French braid.
3. Repeat Step two on the right side of your Dutch braid.
VOILA! That’s all you need to do! How simple is that?
Do you have a passion for hair and would like to learn more about becoming a professional stylist? Our Admissions team is available and happy to assist with any questions you may have. Contact us HERE.
Financial Aid and Scholarships may be available to those who qualify. For more information about our graduation rates, the median loan debt of students who completed the program and other information visit www.tspaappleton.com.
The Salon Professional Academy is located at 3355 W. College Ave. Appleton, WI 54914.