Financial Aid 101 with Jessica Churchill
Just because education doesn’t come with an inexpensive price tag, doesn’t mean that your educational goals should suffer. We met with The Salon Professional Academy Financial Aid Director, Jess Churchill, to help break down the process and make going to school seem less overwhelming.
- What does FAFSA mean?
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Who is eligible to apply for Financial Aid?
- Everyone! Not all qualify
- How many different financial aid award years does a student need to fill out FAFSA’s for?
- Generally, two, however, it all depends it on how close you are starting to July 1 (New Award Year). That determines which FAFSA”s” need to be completed.
- How far in advance should a student fill out their FAFSA?
- As soon as possible. You are able to apply for FAFSA two years prior to starting a program. But it is preferred to be submitted no later than 6 weeks before a start date.
- How does a student know if they are considered an independent or a dependent applicant?
- Depending on their age, if they are married or have dependents will determine the results of a dependent or independent student
- Can a student be eligible for FAFSA if they have attended a prior school?
- A student can be eligible for FAFSA depending on their current situation
- Are there any programs that aren’t eligible for FAFSA?
- All the programs at The Academy are eligible for FAFSA
- What is available to students who are not eligible for Federal Student Aid?
- The student would then have the option of using Scholarships, in house payment plans and/or consumer loans
- How does someone start the FAFSA?
- They start by going to ed.gov and creating a FSA ID
- After the FASFA is submitted, how does a student know what they qualify for and what to do next?
- It takes anywhere from 1 to 3 days for me to receive the FAFSA. Once I do, I will reach out to the student to set up a time to meet and discuss the students results and to let them know if there is anything else needed to support the FAFSA entries.
- What happens once I am enrolled and am ready to borrow financial aid?
- We will meet and the student will fill out documents pertaining to the money they want to borrow, complete entrance counseling and sign a master promissory note.
For more information on using FAFSA at The Salon Professional Academy contact Jessica at 920.968.0434 ext 122 or our Website.
((scholarships, grants & financial aid are avail to those who qualify))